Patient Advisory Council
The Patient Advisory Council is the voice of patients and families.We invite you to be a part of our Patient Advisory Council.
The team at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital is committed to strengthening our partnership between our care providers, patients, and their families. Advisors are vital to this partnership. They are volunteers who work with BACH care providers and staff to affect patient care and improve the health care experience for everyone. This partnership fosters the philosophy of patient and family centered care that is central to our services at BACH.
What are the guiding principles of Patient and Family Centered Care?
Dignity and Respect. Health care practitioners listen to and honor patient and family perspectives and choices. Patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs and cultural backgrounds are incorporated into the planning and delivery of care.
Information Sharing. Health care practitioners communicate and share complete an unbiased information with patients and families in ways that are affirming and useful. Patients and families receive timely, complete and accurate information in order to effectively participate in care and decision-making.
Participation. Patients and families are encouraged and supported in participating in care and decision-making at the level they choose.
Collaboration. Patients, families, health care practitioners, and health care leaders collaborate in policy and program development, implementation and evaluation; in facility design; and in professional education, as well as in the delivery of care.
· To improve patient satisfaction
· To provide patient-centered care
· To bring patients’ needs and concerns to the healthcare team and leadership
· To guide our priorities and planning for the future
· To further enhance our relationship between the hospital and our community
· Promote a better understanding of the principles of patient-centered care and the services and policies of BACH
· Assist in promoting positive relationships between BACH staff and members of the community
· Channel information, needs, and concerns to the BACH administration and staff
· Serve as active consultants with regard to decisions and plans that affect BACH patients and families
· Help develop goals and objectives for furthering a patient-centered care atmosphere
· Assist in enhancing direct patient care and the medical center environment
· Be part of a council that provides an effective mechanism for receiving and responding to consumer input
· Meet monthly with BACH leadership, physicians and staff
· Work as a team
· Share experiences
· Provide honest feedback
· Respect the perspective of others
· Meet with other patients and families
· Work on program development projects and other projects outside the monthly meeting
· Educate the leadership and staff
· Work to enhance the patient and family experience
· Transform patient care
· Participation in monthly meetings (approximately two hours each month)
· An opportunity to engage in additional work outside the meetings for program development and to meet with patients and families about their experiences
Contact the Patient and Family Centered Care Director at 270-956-0459.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Mon - Fri
send a private message for questions and to request to join