Preventive Medicine focuses on the health of communities and the individuals within communities. Our goal is to protect, promote, and maintain health and well-being and to prevent disease, disability, and death. Preventive medicine specialists have core competencies in biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental and occupational medicine, research into causes of disease and injury in population groups, and the practice of prevention in clinical medicine. Preventive Medicine offers a variety of clinical and non-clinical services to Fort Campbell for active duty service members, retirees, Family members, and Department of Defense civilians.
• Public Health Nursing and Community Health Clinic
• Travel Medicine Clinic
• Occupational Health Clinic
• Army Hearing Program Audiology-including active duty hearing screenings
• Respiratory Protection Program-including respirator fit testing
• Environmental Health Section-including food sanitation inspection, water quality testing, and pest inspection including food sanitation inspection, water quality testing, and pest inspection
• Industrial Hygiene Section-including worksite health hazard assessments, air quality assessments, and ventilation assessments
• Health Physics and Radiation Safety Section
The mission of Environmental Health is to provide EH Services to all Soldiers, civilians and military Family members in the Fort Campbell community through anticipation, identification, assessment, communication and management of health risks posed by environmental health hazards.
Vision: To sustain the provision of quality and reliable Public Health services within the Fort Campbell community.
Our duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following Environmental Health programs:
Drinking, Ice and Recreational Water Quality Program; for details, please contact 270-412-3980.
Entomology and Pest Management Program; for details, please contact 270-412-3979.
Food Service Sanitation & General Sanitation Program; for details, please contact either 270-412-3980 or 270-412-3979.
Hazardous Materials & Hazardous Waste Program; for details, please contact either 270-412-3990 or 270-461-4650.
Health Education & Training; for details, please contact 270-412-3980.
Heat Injury Prevention; for updated WetBulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) information, please call 270-798-HEAT.
Preventive Medicine: 270-956-0100 or 270-956-0202
Environmental Health: 270-412-3980
Mon. – Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
2576 23rd Street
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
6903 Desert Storm Ave.