Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) applies to your protected health information (PHI). Your PHI is any information that:Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) applies to your protected health information (PHI). Your PHI is any information that:
* Identifies you;
* Is about your health or demographics;
* Is maintained by a covered entity or business associate; and
* Is related to your treatment, your medical condition, and the related payment for that condition as maintained by a covered entity or business associate.
The Defense Health Agency (DHA) Privacy and Civil Liberties Office (Privacy Office) helps the Military Health System (MHS) comply with the following HIPAA Rules:
* The HIPAA Privacy Rule defines how your PHI should be safeguarded, limits when it can be used and disclosed without your authorization, and ultimately gives you some control over your own PHI.
* The HIPAA Security Rule defines how your PHI should be protected and transferred when maintained electronically.
For more information DHA’s HIPAA compliance program, please read the DHA’s HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security Core Tenets Policy Statement http://health.mil/Policies/2014/09/02/Designation-of-a-DHA-HIPAA-Privacy-Officer-and-HIPAA-Security-Officer
Blanchfied is committed to resolving Health Information Privacy complaints. Maintaining patients' Protected Health Information is very important to us and the Fort Campbell community. Please contact us with any Health Information Privacy concerns.